Nothing says cozy advent afternoon like a warm, gooey batch of homemade cinnamon rolls. It’s the best time of the year to treat yourself and your loved ones. You’ll love these cinnamon rolls – big, fluffy, soft and absolutely delicious. This cinnamon roll recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, but it does require love & patience.
For the dough:
- 200 ml warm milk
- 30 g yeast
- 450 g flour
- 1 egg
- 100 g butter
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 150 g butter, softened
- 120 g brown sugar
- 15 g cinnamon
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 60 g unsalted butter, softened
- 150 g cream cheese
- 130 g powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm milk and mix slowly until the yeast dissolves. (Be sure that your milk is warm to activate the yeast, but not too hot so that it kills the yeast)
- Mix the remaining ingredients of the dough. Then add the yeast-milk mix and knead for approx. 5 min. Knead until a sticky dough forms. Cover the bowl with a towel and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, mix the filling.
- After 1 hour, the dough should have nearly doubled in size. Transfer dough to a well-floured surface and roll out into a rectangle. Spread the cinnamon filling evenly over the dough leaving a 1 cm margin.
- Starting on the long end, roll the dough up tightly. Cut into slices by using a sharp knife and place in a greased baking pan. Cover the pan and allow the rolls to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Now the buns have risen and stick together. Brush with a little milk so that they brown nicely in the oven. Bake for approx. 25 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the frosting. Spread over cinnamon rolls and serve immediately. Enjoy!
You must log in to post a comment.