Fujifilm Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce that a free firmware update (Ver. 2.00) for the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 is now available to download. With the added performance provided by this firmware update, the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 rangefinder-style mirrorless digital camera will stand alongside the new FUJIFILM X-T2 D-SLR-style mirrorless digital camera as one of the “double flagship” X Series cameras.
Key X-Pro2 firmware version 2.00 features:
1. The new autofocus algorithm* that is implemented on the FUJIFILM X-T2 will also be implemented on the FUJIFILM X-Pro2. As a result, more accurate autofocus is now possible, and the AF tracking in AF-C mode will be improved. The number of focus point will be increased from 77 to 91 points (13×7) and from 273 to 325 points (25×13) to improve framing.
* Excludes the new AF-C Custom Settings functions.
2. Compatibility with the new hot-shoe mount flash EF-X500 will enable wireless multi-flash lighting with TTL control up to three groups and high-speed flash sync.
3. AUTO POWER OFF will now have 15 sec, 30 sec, and 1 min. options. AUTO POWER SAVE function, which was previously only available in ECONOMY mode, is now available as an option in HIGH PERFORMANCE and STANDARD modes to allow users to minimize battery power consumption.
4. AF point position interlocked with parallax will be displayed to provide a more accurate and easier-to-use Optical Viewfinder even when Corrected AF frame function is set to OFF.
In our constant endeavor to improve user’s enjoyment of Fujifilm products, the firmware version 2.00 update will provide a total of twenty improvements to the X-Pro2. For a list of all improvements, please visit the link here.
You must log in to post a comment.