The theme is Snap the Rainbow. It’s really simple, all you have to do is capture the beautiful colours of food with your camera (doesn’t have to be a Fujifilm camera) and share them on Thursday 13th November 2014.
Enter by Twitter:
Upload your image to Twitter and include the twitter accounts @foodphotoaward and @Fujifilm_UK and the hashtag #allfoodsbrightandcolourful
The Fujifilm X-E2 is a multi-award winning CSC (compact system camera), packed full to the brim with technology and delivers outstanding image quality. The X-E2 comes with a XF18-55mm lens. The 18-55mm versatile short zoom lens which covers a variety of frequently used focal lengths from 18mm wide angle to 55mm telephoto. A perfect range for nearly all photographic subjects.
The personal touch
Not only will you win this stunning camera and lens, but it will also be customised with one of the Fujifilm Signature colours and textures. Choose from any of the colours in the slideshow below:
One winner will be selected from all entries received and notified by Twitter or Facebook on Wednesday 20th November 2014
To allow participants to contribute around the world, all entries must be tweeted or posted on Facebook between midday GMT on the 12th November and midday GMT on the 14th November 2014.
For further information please contact, Sue Richmond at Kenyon Communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Terms and Conditions can be found at http://www.internationalfoodphotographyday.com
We’re offering you the opportunity to learn from and shoot with one of the UK’s best music photographers, Tony Woolliscroft, and to win a Fujifilm X-T1 and XF10-24mm.
Fujifilm and Tony have created an amazing opportunity for one lucky person. What you’ll win:
One-to-one mentoring from one of the biggest names in live music photography during a gig with a world famous band.
Learn what it’s like to be on the road with a band.
Learn how to shoot with the X-T1 and XF lenses and understand from Tony why he’s moved over to the Fujifilm X system, the best techniques, the optimum settings and some of Tony’s best kept secrets.
Meet the band, shoot the sound check and crew and understand what can be improved / worked on before the live gig.
Shoot the fans waiting to get into the gig.
Shoot the headline gig – shoot the first three songs in the photo pit with Tony.
After the first three songs you can enjoy the remainder of the gig.
Post-show feedback. After the gig, the winner will sit down with Tony and you can talk about the whole experience and a summary of what you’ve learnt.
On top of all this, you’ll be using your brand spanking new Fujifilm X-T1 and 10-24mm, the same kit which Tony uses.
British Sea Power
British Sea Power
Tony has shot some of the biggest rock bands on the planet today – Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and The 1975, with over 20 years photographic experience the winner will be in safe hands. Click here to check out his website
The Fujifilm X-T1 and XF10-24mm
The X-T1 features evolved SLR-style handling, mechanical dials and weather-resistance, together with all the benefits of an X-Series camera, such as compact size, excellent mobility and high-speed performance. What’s more, its newly developed electronic viewfinder is almost indistinguishable from an optical viewfinder thanks to its ultra fast display speed. The XF10-24mm is ultra wide to standard focal length capabilities make it the perfect choice for shooting dynamic, high impact images with excellent detail from the foreground to the far distance. Click here to learn more about the Fujifilm X-T1
Send an email to email@example.com that contains a link to your portfolio and a short explanation as to why you want to win the prize. Tony Woolliscroft will then make his selection.
The deadline for entries is 17:00 BST on Monday 15th September 2014 and the winner will be notified by 17:00 BST on Friday 19th September 2014.
Jimmy Eats World behind the scenes
Terms and conditions
1. Entry is open to residents of the UK
2. The entrant must be aged 18 or over.
3. Proof of identity and age may be required.
4. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
5. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
7. The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
8. The winner is responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel arrangements
9. In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
10. The winner agrees to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Fujifilm UK Ltd relating to any post-winning publicity.
11. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Fujifilm reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged Fujifilm reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner-up selected by the same judges.
12. Confirmation of the prize will also be made in writing to the winner.
13. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
14. The decision of the judge is final and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
This issue’s “X Marks The Spot” features some fantastic street photography by Italian photographer Emanuele Toscano in and around Varese, Italy.
Issue 6 also contains the other usual features; “What to Shoot Now” provides you with inspiration on what subjects to shoot during the summer holiday months, “Get more from your X series” takes a look at bracketing functions that feature on most Fujifilm X cameras and the “Exhibition” shows a fantastic array of colourful images, plus the stories behind them, shot by our readers.
What to shoot now
Get more from your X series
X Magazine exhibition – Colour
And finally, you could win a fantastic XQ1 underwater kit in our competition. For a chance to win, send us your best holiday shot. More details in the magazine itself!
Kevin Mullins has published a fantastic book that will help any X100S user get the most out of their camera. Fujifilm X100S: From Snapshots to Great Shots gives you the perfect blend of photography instruction and camera reference that will take your images to the next level. Beautifully illustrated with large, vibrant photos, this book teaches you how to take control of your photography to get the image you want every time you pick up the camera.
Learn the top ten things you need to know about shooting with the X100S
User the camera’s advanced settings to gain full control over the look and feel of your images
Learn the best tricks and techniques for getting great street photographs, landscapes and portraits.
And lots more…
Win a signed copy
We have a two copies that have been signed by Kevin Mullins to give away to two lucky people. There’s 2 ways of entering, and they’re both really simple:
The competition is now closed.
The winners will be notified and announced shortly.
Kevin Mullins is an accomplished wedding photojournalist based in the United Kingdom. He has been shooting with, and advocating, the Fuji X-Series of cameras since their launch and uses the series with all commercial assignments. Kevin is officially recognised by Fujifilm as an “X-Photographer” and often speaks on the Fuji-X-Series at conventions and seminars. When not shooting weddings, Kevin educates other photographers in the areas of photography business management and wedding photojournalism.