We do not know where to start… We cannot describe in words how honored we are that FUJIFILM Holdings was named to CDP ‘A List’ for Leadership in Climate Action and Water Security.
CDP – Carbon Disclosure Project – is a global non-profit that drives companies to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Working with over 680 institutional investors with assets of US$130 trillion, CDP promotes companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts.
We are delighted that FUJIFILM Holdings has been named as an ‘A List’ in both climate change and water security. Since clean water and air are essential for the manufacturing of photographic film, which is the starting point of the Fujifilm Group, environmental conservation is fundamental to our business activities. We will continue to contribute to society through proactive efforts such as decarbonization, conservation of water resources and reduction of waste in cooperation with local communities and government to resolve environmental issues around the world.Teiichi Goto, president and CEO, representative director of FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation
At Fujifilm, social responsibility has a great importance across the organization. As a result, Fujifilm’s corporate social responsibility plan, ‘Sustainable Value Plan 2030,’ was established, addressing climate change and natural resource recycling. We, the Fujifilm group, have set a target of reducing water usage of the entire Fujifilm Group by 30% compared to FY2013 level and working to conserve water resources through efficient water use and wastewater treatment within our manufacturing plants.
In addition, we have set ourselves a target of reducing carbon dioxide emissions in the entire product lifecycle by 50% by the fiscal year ending March 2031 (FY2030) compared to FY2019 level. Therefore, we launched the environmental strategy ‘Green Value Climate Strategy‘ to manufacture with a lower environmental impact and to create products and services that offer excellent environmental performance.
What has Fujifilm accomplished towards these goals thus far?
- Concluded a “comprehensive partnership agreement towards a decarbonized future” with the Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd., to create a carbon-neutral model in manufacturing using state-of-the-art decarbonization technologies
- Carbon neutrality at its recycling site of multifunctional printers in China in July 2022 by switching entirely to renewable electricity
- Reduced environmental impact of local wastewater treatment by sharing a large-scale treatment facility located at FUJIFILM Manufacturing Europe B.V. in the Netherlands with neighboring companies
- In-house treatment of all wastewater in manufacturing of sensor films for touch panels at the Ashigara site of the Kanagawa factory in Japan
- Provides products such as magnetic tape storage media that can significantly reduce carbon dioxide emissions by reducing electricity consumption during data storage